The Government's Insult

Posted on 22 December 2009

Frank Borelli
Editor In Chief
New American Truth

Although many doctors claim that drinking coffee each morning can push a person’s blood pressure up, I think there’s a different reason mine might go up a tad each morning: it’s called the news. Obviously, sensationalism sells so we usually read or hear about bad things around the world before we hear about a single good think in our own backyard. But even that doesn’t bother me so much. What really has my dander up is how representatives of our government insult so many Americans in such a carefree fashion.

The Healthcare “Reform” bill that has been debated in the House of Representatives; that has been debated in the Senate; that must now be merged and consolidated before Congress sends it to President Obama’s desk for signature has stirred quite a heated debate. But I’d like to step back before that battle really began to April 2009.

In April the Department of Homeland Security issued a report warning law enforcement officials about a rise in rightwing extremist activity. That report had a footnote that tagged as possible domestic terrorists those who are pro-2nd-Amendment (Pro gun), pro-10th-Amendment (pro states’ rights and power), military service veterans, pro-life supporters and others. I cannot begin to articulate the insult I felt that a government employee, heading a whole branch of our government, would actually consider the thought that I might be a terrorist simply because I’m a pro-gun, pro-states military service veteran. After all, shouldn’t service veterans be appreciated and honored? Shouldn’t my political ideology be protected by the FIRST Amendment as secure and free of judgment?

With that memory tucked away, let’s move forward to the acceleration of the healthcare debate and Senator Reid’s comment that those who opposed healthcare reform are just like those who supported slavery. Never mind that it was the Democratic party which supported slavery so strongly and was responsible for so many racist laws immediately after slavery was ended. Senator Reid likened ME to someone who supported slavery simply because I don’t agree with HIS version of “healthcare reform”. Hmmm… how well would it be taken if I likened Senator Reid to Stalin or Marx because he supports this version of healthcare reform? Obviously the Senator and I would disagree on a great many things, slavery among them. When I view this “healthcare reform” bill (all 2,100+ pages of it) I see a document that makes huge numbers of American subjects totally dependent on the government for their lives. Note very carefully that I said subjects and not citizens because if this reform bill becomes law it WILL take away freedom of choice from every American citizen. Make no mistake about that.

So, I had been called a potential domestic terrorist by one administration official and now I’ve been likened to a slave owner by Senator Reid – both because I simply disagree with their political ideology and choose to cling to my own values and beliefs. That’s two slaps in my face…

Then this morning (Tuesday, 12/22/09) I wake up and sit down to read the news and find out that Senator Whitehouse (yeah, that’s actually his name) has said that those who oppose “healthcare reform” are only “birthers, right-wing militias and aryans.” If he’d stopped at “birthers and right-wing militias” I might not be so angry. No, I don’t believe President Obama has properly and fully proven himself to be qualified – per our Constitution – to run for the office of President, much less hold it. That qualifies me as a “birther”. While I’m not a member of any militia, I fully support their existence and am glad to see such organizations maintained in a professional para-military fashion. When our government collapses, such organizations will be what holds civilization together in their various regions. But “aryans”…

The term “Aryan” is linked – thanks in part to our mainstream media folks – to white supremacy, fascism, neo-nazi beliefs and violence in the name of any of that. With a single statement Senator Whitehouse implied that I am a violent fascist simply because I’m pro-gun, anti-Obama and generally conservative in my beliefs. Gee thanks, Senator Whitehouse. That’s the third slap.

But here’s probably the worst part: that’s the third slap to a large portion of our American citizenry today. The Democrat “leadership” (and I use that word VERY loosely) has insulted, without pause or hesitation of any kind) every American who doesn’t fully agree with “the party line”. Mind you, they aren’t just insulting Republicans (although they’re doing that too). They are insulting everyone registered as an Independent, Libertarian, Constitutionalist, etc. In other words, if you’re not ready to bow down before President Obama (like he has to so many other world leaders), kiss his ring, beg his blessing and bask in the glow of his greatness; OR if you’re not willing to stand in front of the Democrats in Congress and take whatever they give and then say, “Thank you, sir. May I have another?” then you’re their enemy. Worse, you’re an enemy they have no respect for. Even an enemy can be honored you see. Even an enemy can be respected. The current crop of politicians – especially the Democrat ones – neither honor nor respect the American citizen. They insult us; demean us and call us names, as if they were 5-yr-olds upset in a sandbox because they aren’t getting their way. They are playing a rough game of “king of the hill” using bullying tactics and team work to keep one guy at the top who rarely – if ever – has to defend his position. And they do it all while snearing down at we, the common people.

Once again, I beg of everyone who reads this:
1) Please share it with anyone you think will devote the time to read it.
2) Please VOTE in the mid-term elections.
3) VOTE OUT every politician who has not clearly and proudly represented YOUR will in Congress.

It is time for WE THE PEOPLE to take control of our country back.

Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.

12 Responses to “The Government's Insult”

1. Larry F says:

Thank you Frank.I could not agree more. Our government is an insult.When is the rest of AMERICA going to wake up?

2. Thomas B says:

Why did our Representatives and Senators stop representing us and start reigning over us? They seem to have forgotten that they work for us (We the People). It is so sad to see them trample all over our precious Constitution or ignore it completely. Things have to be set straight once again and very soon. Our lives as we know it, depend on it.

3. Michael O says:

Just as alcoholics cannot recover until they bottom out, our country is just about at the bottom of the pit. Hopefully, our fellow citizens will have it driven into their thick skulls that we are on a slippery slope heading to a place where very few of us want to be. This noble (not Nobel) experiment is in jeopardy.

We have been conned, not all of us but certainly enough of us to put in office or keep in office the kind of people who insult us and patronize us with the sole justification of their having been elected to office. I do not remember seeing anything in the history of our Republic where being elected to office beknighted anyone. Quite the contrary, they were citizen/soldiers or citizen/ representatives. These citizen/patriots pitched in to carry the load for a while and then let someone else carry it for a while. We were never intended to have a political class whose only purpose was, as a benefit of their infinite wisdom, to rule us and regulate our every action.

Remember the old saw “Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely”.

Until we turn out the incumbents with 2 term limits we will continue to have what we now have. If we do not learn from the past we are doomed to repeat it.

The rebuilding of our country will take a long time and while many of us have lot of fight left in us the sad truth is we are aging and the majority of the work will fall to our children. Teach your children well! They are our future and the future of this country we love so dearly.

4. william j dorn says:

You’re right Mr. Borelli… Let’s send them all home at the mid-term elections and make the anointed one a lame duck. Currently, our votes are the only true power we have. Most of our so called representatives clearly do not hear nor represent us so let’s send them packing.

Senators Reid and Whitehouse are the type of idiots that may actually light the spark that will create militia’s.

WD

5. Unfortunately, this battle was lost a long time ago. The root of the problem is that people are short-sighted, petty, and corrupt. The founders of our republic knew this — that’s why they put restrictions on the federal and state governments. But each generation has whittled away at those restrictions, created an ever-growing mesh of regulation over even the most intimate aspects of our lives, taken more money away from the people who earn it, waste more of our money and our young people’s lives trying to bully the rest of the world, and bred a subculture of cynical opportunists whose entire livelihood revolves around running for office and living like a parasite on the rest of us.

Unfortunately, I can’t agree with Michael O. We are nowhere near the bottom. The “bottom” will involve riots, starvation, martial law, weeks without water or power… frankly, I hope that the bottom is far enough into the future that I do not live to see it.

6. Duane Bozarth says:

I agree with all of you, but, as Brandon said, I don’t think we have reached the bottom, yet; and no one is going to like what the ‘bottom’ entails. I fear that the Civil War won’t begin to represent what we will see. If you look at the demographics of America today, the slaughter won’t be limited to state versus state or region versus region – it will be neighbor against neighbor, neighborhood against neighborhood.
    I pray every day that America wakes up before somebody throws a match in the tinder!

7. Pete D'Cat says:

What the “King for Life, Barack the First” and his “Noblemen” forget is that this is a country founded because we lacked representation at the time. You can vote the b—–ds out of office, but the next batch, without term limits, will eventually become the bloated, arrogant, bottom feeders just like the current batch.

8. Dennis M. says:

Posted to my facebook. Great article. I’m glad to be considered a birther and a fanatic. I DO NOT believe this fight has already been lost. I do think it will get worse, but come on guys, let’s not roll over and accept defeat like they want us to.

Pray
    Prepare
    Persevere
    Participate

9. Roger B. says:

Either I’m just reading blogs, articles, and other postings from people whose sentiments and disgust with the way our government is being run (into the latrine) parallels mine, or there’s a greater number than even I can imagine that feel the same way. The sad fact is that anyone who doesn’t see the urgency of the trouble facing the United States if there is not a REAL change from the current path is never going to see it; sadder still is that these are the very people who are “driving the bus.” I couldn’t agree with Frank more when he suggests that we are currently being “ruled” by true despots, and I’m convinced that it will take some form of decided action (per Duane’s comments) to right these wrongs. I, for one, will maintain my stores of dry powder and proficiency with devices of self-defense, and gladly assist those of like minds to do the same.

10. David Mullins says:

Best wishes to all for 2010

Sad that American system of government seems to be about taking away from all the hard working people thru a complex form of taxes, fees, and a complete scope of tax from the federal, state, local city and county and others during every purchase, disposal use or consumption.
    The people are unemployed, loosing their homes, business, lives and going in debt and the government still attacks . And no one help people find work and jobs or allowing a break or postponment.
    Time people stopped spending what they do not have, save, and conserve and expect a survival situatiuon due to weather, electricity outages, fuel prices going up and all cost rising.
    Tea parties help but until the American people unite there will be no change. But more control and opression. The US is in a depression that no one understands. Research the truth and we are a very fragil society of people. The rest of the world has the advantage because our government sold out our people and the working class. Little to nothing is made in America anymore.
    US Army Vet.

11. Tom Reilly says:

All these officials are saying is, that they fear what they don’t know.

12. Tommy Waldrop says:

I finally got to finish reading this Frank, it is superbly accurate and quite frankly, I wish the entire nation could read it, including the idiots who are trying to enslave America. Reid is the main legislator (legal term as I don’t believe he could legilate his hanky), that is trying to destroy America.
    Thank you very much for putting this type of info out for us right wing extremeists to read. (I am pro-gun, pro 1st ammendment, pro 10th amendment, conservative and a veteran, and I don’t believe Obama is the legal President of the US. But the Vice President and Secretary of State are anti-American too).